[gdal-dev] Urgent GDAL not opening file. Bad SRS

Courtney Schitka c.schitka at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 01:22:48 EDT 2008

Ok... So what I think I've decided to do, is remove the coordinate
information from the geotiff. and have GDAL tell me it doesn't have a proper
SRS then promt the user to enter an SRS through a wizard dialogue or
something. I know this is possible because we have some geotiffs that don't
have an SRS already, when I do a gdal info I get this

Coordinate System is `'

Can I through something like a gdal_translate

Replace this co-ordinate information that's giving me a hard time with.

PROJCS[,GEOGCS["unnamed",DATUM["unknown",SPHEROID["unretrievable - using
WGS84",6378137,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT[,0.0174532925199433]],UNIT["unknown",1],AUTHORITY["EPSG","0"]]

To simply be empty. If so what's the make wkt string I need to provide to do
so I can't seem to find it.

Thank you
Courtney