[gdal-dev] Re: [GRASS-dev] cannot build gdal-grass

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Jun 22 15:36:14 EDT 2008

Glynn Clements pisze:
> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>
>> gdal-grass 1.4.3 refuses to build against GDAL 1.5.2 r14751 and
>> GRASS 6.4 r31801.
>>
>> checking for G_asprintf in -lgrass_gis... no configure: error:
>> --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.4.svn requested, but libraries not
>> found! Perhaps you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
>> /usr/local/grass-6.4.svn/lib
>>
>> What could be wrong? This used to work couple of days ago.

> Look in config.log for the actual error message.

Right.

Here's the relevant part I guess:

configure:2939: checking for G_asprintf in -lgrass_gis
configure:2969: gcc -o conftest -O2 conftest.c -lgrass_gis
-L/usr/local/grass-6.4.svn/lib -lgrass_I -lgrass_vask -lgrass_gmath
-lgrass_gis -lgrass_datetime -lgrass_gproj -lgrass_vect -lgrass_dbmibase
-lgrass_dbmiclient -lgrass_dgl -lgrass_dig2 -lgrass_rtree -lgrass_linkm
-L/usr/local/lib -lgdal >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgrass_I
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2975: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h. */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C" void exit (int) throw ();
| #endif
| #define USE_GNUCC 1
| #define USE_GNUCC 1
| /* end confdefs.h. */
|
| /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error. */
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C"
| #endif
| /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
| builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
| char G_asprintf ();
| int
| main ()
| {
| G_asprintf ();
| ;
| return 0;
| }
configure:3001: result: no
configure:3015: error: --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.4.svn requested,
but libraries not found! Perhaps you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include /usr/local/grass-6.4.svn/lib?

> When configure says that a library is "not found", it means that it
> couldn't link against it. There are a whole load of reasons why that
> might be the case.

Any hints?

Maciek

--