[gdal-dev] GDALRasterBand into GdkPixmap / GdkPixbuf?

robert.chansky at l-3com.com robert.chansky at l-3com.com
Fri Jun 27 16:38:53 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm new to the list and have been immersed in GDAL for the last few
days. I have some avenues of attack for my problem, but wanted to run it
past the experts.

What I'm trying to do: Integrate GDAL's extensive format library with a
large simulation (JSAF) used by the Navy. They want to have charts/maps
displayed on the tactical map. I want to convert map files (my sample
data is in CADRG format, but with GDAL that shouldn't matter) into
GdkPixmaps (I suppose GdkPixbufs is what it would really use) to tile
onto the display.

Restrictions: Our display system is GTK-2.0. It's all C/C++, so I can't
bring Python in.

I've gotten a bit lost in the code. I can see other implementations, but
they require Qt or OpenGL. Is there a simple implementation in straight
GTK that I can grab?

I'd really appreciate it.
Rob Chansky