[gdal-dev] Png image georeferencing with .tab file

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Mar 1 08:49:59 EST 2008

Jukka,

You right, currently, the GeoTIFF driver is the only one that reads .tab
files.

This kind of enhancement request is not unusual. I've been able to find
similar ones : http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1253 for ECW and
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/682 for JPG.
In #682, an idea is suggested to generalize the implementation of .tab support
for all drivers.

(This is a bit similar to reading ESRI World files, which is supported by
quite a large number of drivers, but not all.)

Best regards.