[gdal-dev] Source dataset during ogr2ogr

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sat Mar 1 23:29:18 EST 2008

This may or may not be related...

Support for atom:author in generated KML is important...

in reviewing some of the GoogleDev presentations on search and KML (and
GeoRSS)
Data source/ownership Attribution comes up in several ways.. the main
idea being that if a file is sitting on a server somehwere and is web
searchable, then it can come up in a spatially aware Google search.
Google is evangelizing such searches. However relatively few are
incented to make their data world searchable without attribution (and
links back to the originating site, too)

Thats the reasoning behind adding the atom:link and atom:author in the
KML 2.2 spec.

-Brian