[gdal-dev] Re: C#: Gdal on Win64

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 06:50:14 EST 2008

2008/3/3, Tomas R <monshi at home.se>:
>  In essential, what I need to be able to do, the use my map plugin has of
>  GDAL are:
>  1: Set up a pair of spatial references (OSGeo.OGR), by use of EPSG or
>  WKT strings, and use in a CoordinateTransformation.
>  2: Read images/bitmaps from various file formats. Using code close to
>  the SaveBitmapDirect example found in  the C# tutorial files.

I think only proj have to be included for option1, but option 2
depends on the data formats you actually use.

>  In short - what functionality do the FWTools libraries contribute with?
>  Perhaps I can skip them and just distribute the GDAL binaries and the
>  proj4 binary? Would that be enough for what I wish todo? And for the
>  elevation plugin to perhaps? But the I would need to compile GDAL
>  myself. Or?

It would be healthy to compile it yourself and include only the
options you actually use. Then you'll have to deploy only the required
dll-s along with the plugin. This may provide you a similar .NET FW
2.0 compatible package for Win32 just like for Win64.
Recall that FWTools provides only .NET FW 1.1 compatible assemblies at
the moment.

Best regards,

Tamas