[gdal-dev] gdalwarp -srcnodata "0 0 0" -dstnodata "0 0 1" error when running within linux/fwtools via a Java application

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 10:00:33 EST 2008

We have recently done some testing with image processing on a Linux Server
using FWTools 2.0.1. All of the gdal commands work from within our
application which is basically a Java App which goes through and makes
several system calls. However when we run gdalwarp, in particular -srcnodata
"0 0 0" -dstnodata "0 0 1", the command line interprets one of the zeros as
an argument for another switch. Here is the error we get:

ERROR>ERROR 4: `0' does not exist in the file system,

ERROR>and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

We have tried using quotes, not using quotes, single quotes, double quotes
and double of both. Every time we get the same error.

Note: When we run gdalwarp -srcnodata "0 0 0" -dstnodata "0 0 1" etc. from
the command window it works fine, and also on windows/fwtools within the
same Java Application.

Is their any other character besides double quotes that you can use for
-srcnodata "0 0 0" and -dstnodata "0 0 1" within gdalwarp?

Thanks,

--
John J. Mitchell