[gdal-dev] (no subject)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 3 11:59:00 EST 2008

Oliver Eichler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is FWTools 2.1.0 for Windows able to open GeoTiffs larger than 2GB? When
> using GDALOpen it failes with the "TIFFFetchStripThing:Sanity check on size
> of "TileOffsets" value failed" error. The file is processed by GDAL / Linux
> without complains.
>
> Do I miss anything obvious?

Oliver,

I tried:

gdal_translate -outsize 30000 10000 utm.tif out.tif
gdalinfo -mm out.tif

with my currently fwtools tree build which should, I think, closely
match FWTools 2.1.0.  The utm.tif file has one 8bit band, so the out.tif
file is a 3GB TIFF file (not BigTIFF).  The translation seemed to work, and
the gdalinfo ran successfully.

First, could you try the same steps I did, to see if they work for you?  If
not, then it must be something I have already fixed, and I'll just need to
issue a new release.  If it works, then there is something more specific
about your problem than just not reading geotiff files larger than 2GB and
you will need to narrow it down.