[Gdal-dev] GDAL WMS Questions..

Fodder cryan at csse.com.au
Thu Mar 6 01:31:16 EST 2008

mchapman wrote:

> I think you just pass the file path of the XML file to the GDALOpen
> method.
> That's how the WMS client works.  Then just call RasterIO() and work with
> it
> the same way you would any other raster.  That is my guess anyway.
>
> Martin

Thanks, I tried this at first but when I pass the filepath to the GDALOpen
method I just get a nil object back (the code works for other images). I'm
just using the demo xml from the gdal.org site:

<GDAL_WMS>
    <Service name="TileService">
        <Version>1</Version>

<ServerUrl>http://s0.tileservice.worldwindcentral.com/getTile?</ServerUrl>
        <Dataset>za.johannesburg_2006_20cm</Dataset>
    </Service>
    <DataWindow>
        <UpperLeftX>-180.0</UpperLeftX>
        <UpperLeftY>90.0</UpperLeftY>