[gdal-dev] Reading VMAP Files.

Chris Howell chowell at pyxisinnovation.com
Thu Mar 6 16:34:07 EST 2008

Hi All,

A few vital stats before getting to the problem.

OS: Windows Vista
GDAL Version: GDAL 1.5.0

The problem I am currently encountering is this. I have a VMAP
datasource, and when I try to open it via FWTools and the following
command.

ogrinfo -ro gltp:/vrf/C:/Path_To_dataource. OGR opens fine the
datasource as expected an reports layers / families in the file WHICH is
Great.

The problem is. In our application when I attempt to open the VMAP file
in code, via the following.

OGRDataSource* pOGRDataSource =
OGRSFDriverRegistrar::Open(strDataSourceName.c_str());

Where strDataSourceName = gltp:/vrf/C:/Path_To_dataource

The pointer to the data source is ALWAYS null! I've checked and
rechecked that the paths' are the same.

What I want to do is. Open the datasource in code, take the pointer to
the data source, get all of the layers that are presented via ogrinfo.
and give them back to the user as to which layer to open in the VMAP
datasource.

Any light someone could shed no this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Chris Howell
Software Engineer
the PYXIS innovation -/Common Ground for Digital Earth
/Kingston, Ontario
w: www.pyxisinnovation.com
p:613-389-6619