[gdal-dev] RasterIO Slow

Roman Fedorov roma at progesoft.com
Fri Mar 7 10:08:55 EST 2008

Good Afternoon, everybody!

I noticed that when my program is reading bands of an image - the first calling RasterIO function is slow, and next RasterIO calls (for second and third band) are very fast, almost immediate.
I checked if it was the fault of the first band, but no matter which band you read, every time olny the first calling of RasterIO function is slow...
I had this delay on every image drawing,so, since i was opening and closing a GDALDataset every time, i though, maybe the first time of reading a Dataset is slow, because it has to init something - so i put Dataset as static var, and i don't create a new one every time - but as before, the first calling to RasterIO function at every image drawing is slow...
Do you have any ideas why it happens?

Best Regards,
progeSOFT - www.progesoft.com
Roman Fedorov