[gdal-dev] KML 2.2 in SVN Trunk

Christopher Condit condit at sdsc.edu
Fri Mar 7 13:44:43 EST 2008

Hi All-
I've checked in updates to the KML writing code to support KML 2.2 and
enhancements. The most important change is that OGR will no longer
create HTML CDATA for feature attributes. Instead, OGR writes out a
layer schema for each layer (see
http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kml_tags_beta1.html#schema
) and then references this schema when writing feature attributes (see
http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kml_tags_beta1.html#schema
data). The feature attributes appear as an HTML table in the info
window. This is the correct way to carry type information for features
in the KML 2.2 format.
Next I'll have a look at updating the KML reader code to exploit the new
schema elements in 2.2 and see what can be done about supporting OGR's
feature style specification.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the KML driver via
trac...
-Chris

Christopher Condit
condit at sdsc.edu