[gdal-dev] GCP extraction, chopped reprojected image

mattia mattia.parigiani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:06:10 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

Not being good with AWK, I wrote a Perl script to extract GCPs from
latitude/longitude sets of an HDF file I need to reproject to WGS84.

I manage to assign a certain number of GCPs using gdal_translate, but when I
then reproject to WGS84 using gdalwarp my image's bottom left corner gets
chopped out of the picture and discarded..

Any idea why?

Another couple of related questions:
1) My image is 2700x9300, why are the lat/long sets 4650x1350 as opposed to
being 1350x4650? This heavily complicates my algorithm as I need to compute
thw 2 lat/long matrices first and then traspose them..

2) Is there an upper limit to the number of GCPs I can assign using
gdal_translate? I was getting an error saying "Too many arguments to
gdal_translate" or something along these lines..

Thanks in advance

--
Mattia