[gdal-dev] Question about NITF CADRG data file extensions.

Daniele Romagnoli daniele.romagnoli at geo-solutions.it
Tue Mar 11 10:55:09 EDT 2008

Hi list,
I have a trivial question about the supported/existing Nitf CADRG data file
extensions.

In the ImageIO-Ext project, I'm setting up a NITF plugin (leveraging on
GDAL).
The ImageReaderSpi of each ImageIO reader could specify the suffixes which
the format specific plugin is able to support.
Actually, I'm interested in CADRG format extensions. Thus, my silly question
is:
Which file extensions exist for the NITF CADRG format?

After a "quick and random" search, I have found some ".on1", ".on2", ".on5"
file extensions for Operational Navigation Chart and ".tp4" file extension
for Tactical Pilotage Chart.
I'm pretty sure there are ".onX" and ".tpX" (where X is a number) file
extensions. Can someone give me some advice on this?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Daniele

Eng. Daniele Romagnoli