[gdal-dev] Swig wrappers: single dll

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Mar 12 04:25:06 EDT 2008

I'd like to put the wrappers into one DLL and also simplify the wrapper
build process in Perl

Right now there are two obstacles:

1) there are similar GetDriver* functions in gdal and ogr
2) both include exception functions

I think I'm going to rename the GetDriver* functions for Perl in the
core i-files -- but rename them back to the old ones in the Perl-layer,
to keep the API unchanged.

The exception functions, I think I'm going to just remove from ogr for Perl.

Both of these add a few #ifdef's to the core i-functions.

This helps me to make the now cumbersome Perl wrapper build process
nice, simple and standard.

Cheers,

Ari

--