[Gdal-dev] Fastest Read/Write Supported DEM Format

Fodder cryan at csse.com.au
Wed Mar 12 21:16:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to decide on the best format to store some internal raster DEMs
in my application (ie., single band single or double precision grids).

I was wondering which grid format/GDAL driver combination that is supported
in both Read/Write is the fastest for frequent RasterIO operations for
displaying the rasters.

Disk space is also a consideration but secondary to display speed.

Cheers,

Fodder