[gdal-dev] HDF5 1.8? DAP 3.8?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Mar 12 23:15:55 EDT 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 1:50 PM, personaje wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 3:59 PM, William Kyngesburye
> <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> I was checkup on dependencies and saw a couple major updates.  Any
>> thoughts on their support in GDAL?
>>
>> - DAP++ 3.8 - defines own namespace.  Sounds like it could cause
>> trouble in the DODS driver?
>>
>> - HDF5 1.8 - new features, but says it mostly retains old APIs, so
>> could be OK?
>>

> I am using gdal with HDF5 1.8 and if you compile it so that it uses
> APIv1.6 (forgot the configure flag) it works fine.
>
> Regards.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy