[gdal-dev] Google SoC idea...

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Thu Mar 13 23:39:42 EDT 2008

Yann,

I think that is OK to do that. I don't want to discourage you but just
keep in mind that sometime, or very often, GIS/RS image are not very
expressive by itself. That is even worse in low resolution thumbnail.
Imagine that you want to show a collection of Landsat original
multi-band files. Which band should you present in KDE or Explorer?

Try that: Run "foreach" or "for %f in" to call gdal_translate to copy
large group of real-case-GIS/RS-files to PNG outputs files in another
directory. Then open that directory on a file browser and take a look at
those thumbnails. See how does it looks like.

Best regards,

Ivan