[gdal-dev] SWIG 1.3.33 Standard?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 14 10:22:25 EDT 2008

Folks,

Due to a debian bug report about our perl swig bindings and some modern gcc
versions, it is suggested that we upgrade to SWIG 1.3.33.  I have put this
off after 1.5.1, but would like to do it for 1.5.2 if there are no problem.
Bindings maintainers are encouraged to test with 1.3.33 and report if they
have concerns.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2276

The actual change would take place on the packaging machine (www.gdal.org)
and would only directly affect perl and C# which are automatically recreated
as part of the packaging process.  But I would like to be able to declare
this the new safe, prefered SWIG version for all bindings.