[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.5.1RC1 Available

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 14 10:25:26 EDT 2008

Jean-Claude Repetto wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> It seems that the patch for bug #1935 has been forgotten (the milestone
> is set for 1.5.1).
> I have put on my web site a screenshot of Qgis displaying a tiled
> version of NASA BlueMarble.
> <http://jrepetto.free.fr/bug1935.png>
>
> You can see the world (very small)  in the upper left corner. The tile
> whose upper left coordinates are (0,0) (central Africa) is much too large.
>
> This is due to bug #1935.

Jean-Claude,

I have reviewed and applied the suggested patch for #1935 in trunk and 1.5
branch this morning without testing, though my visual review suggests the
approach is fine.

There are lots of bugs that were not addressed for 1.5.1, but I came to
the conclusion that waiting for the release was not the best approach.
However, this fix will now appear in 1.5.1RC2.