[gdal-dev] Support for the premultiplied alpha channels

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 14:39:20 EDT 2008

Folks,

Do we have any support to use bitmaps with premultiplied alpha
channels? I think there are some raster formats that can convey these
types of images and the viewers can take care of this option.

The only thing I'd like to see is to be able to determine if the image
actually uses premultiplied alpha regardless of whether the drivers
actually support this or not at the moment.

But currently I don't see which is the right place to denote this
option. I consider this is a dataset wide property rather that
attached to a single band.

Best regards,

Tamas