[gdal-dev] cannot open shape file created in linux in windows

Xiaodong Zhang xiaodong.zhang2 at und.edu
Mon Mar 17 21:52:11 EDT 2008

Hi,

I used --- ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" grid grid.csv -nlt multipoint
----- to convert a series of points (in csv format) into a shape file of
multiple points. I also have a grid.vrt and a grid.csvt file that are
used in this conversion. A directory named grid was created and under it
there are 3 files, namely, grid.shp, grid.dbf, and grid.shx. Using
ogrinfo grid returns,
INFO: Open of 'grid', using driver 'ESRI Shapefile" successful. 1:grid
(multi point).
Also using ogrinfo -ro -al grid returns a series of records, and the
last one is
OGRFeature (grid): 5374
long (Real) = -100.08310911830001
lat (Real) = 44.963133226799997
data (Real) = 3
mapped dat (Real) = 68.000000000

The above commands were executed in Linux with gdal installed. After
transferring grid folder to windows, I can open them, but nothing show
up (I tried ENVI and FWTool). For example, in FWTool, it seemed that the
shape file can be opened, but this is what showed in the Shape
Attributes window,

Where did I do wrong?

Thanks
Xiaodong