[gdal-dev] FWTools 2.1.0 compiled in debug mode

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 17 23:07:27 EDT 2008

Martin Chapman wrote:
> Ok, I had another proj.dll in my path from another install so that problem
> is fixed but now I am having a problem with python.  Is there anything I
> should know about python being installed with FWTools?

Martin,

That's a rather open-ended question, and likely more suitable for the FWTools
list.

The FWTools python is relatively old (2.3 I think on win32).  It may be
partially stripped down (some apparently unneeded stuff removed).  It is
also not "properly installed" so it won't be used from cmd.exe or the
desktop explorer to execute .py files by default.  It will be the default
python.exe in the path in the FWTools shell though.

You should assume that you cannot use other Python's with FWTools
python extensions unless you are very careful to match versions of python.