[gdal-dev] Point Transformation

Kyle Shannon ksshannon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:39:17 EDT 2008

I would like to use OGR's point transformation capabilities to draw lines in
a kml file.  I would also like to use an ESRI prj file to determine  the
incoming coordinate system parameters.  I am having a problem with the
importFromESRI(char **) method.  My program seems to be hanging up there.
Can someone post an example of how to read in the ESRI string and use the
importFromESRI() method to set a OGRSpatialReference?  I am not sure I
understand why a char** is passed instead of a char*.  Is this a good way to
do this?  thanks.

kss

--
Kyle Shannon