[gdal-dev] gdalwarp : how many gcp's for -order n?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Mar 19 11:05:29 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>  To conclude - it would be nice to put the equations for what is used
>  in gdalwarp somewhere to better understand how it works.
>  Maybe put a reference to a relevant paper that has the equations into
>  the man page.
>  I am not sure whether the tps-related problems in gdalwarp are
>  significant enough to do some modifications - I would assume most
>  transformations are pretty smooth,

Helena,

thanks for your explanations! the relevant code pieces should be here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/alg/gdal_tps.cpp
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/alg/thinplatespline.cpp
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/alg/thinplatespline.h

Maybe those files could be enriched with some doxygen style
equations or citations.

Markus