[gdal-dev] Field value methods in wrappers

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon Mar 24 12:03:42 EDT 2008

I added support for datetimes and lists into the wrappers. These are
tested in the Perl tests. The wrappers need (but not require, i.e., swig
does not fail) input and output typemaps for lists. I implemented them
into the Perl wrappers so that they are recognized by their patterns, e.g.,

"int *nLen, const int **pList" for list output for integer lists

"int nList, int *pList" for list input for integer lists

I also noticed a potential problem. If a field get/set method is called
with index that is out of bounds (0..GetFieldCount()-1) a segfault may
follow. I added this test and also the mapping from field name to field
index into the Perl code of the Perl wrappers. I removed the overlayed
versions of the methods from Perl wrappers.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformatiikka / Geoinformatics