[gdal-dev] Question about using a specific Driver to access a file.

Daniele Romagnoli daniele.romagnoli at geo-solutions.it
Tue Mar 25 10:08:56 EDT 2008

Hi list,
I have a question about the use of the available Drivers to get access to a
file.
Suppose I have built GDAL with support for JP2KAK, JP2MrSID, JP2ECW.
Is there a way to use a desired driver to obtain a Dataset from a File
without defining/customizing the GDAL_SKIP env variable/config option?
I would like allow the user to know what drivers are available and let him
decide which driver use to open a file. (gdal.GetDriverByName already let me
know if a driver is available).

Actually, I'm working with JAVA bindings thus, probably, this capability is
already available on GDAL and I just need to expose this with SWIG.

Regards,
Daniele

Eng. Daniele Romagnoli
Software Engineer