[gdal-dev] demtools patch.

rezso at rdsor.ro rezso at rdsor.ro
Fri Mar 28 13:46:12 EDT 2008

Hello Matt, Folks,

  Matt, I recall over demtools a bit, i mailed you few weeks ago
with license issue and thanks for that, and talking with gdal Folks
to see that there is a way to make demtools part of gdal.

  This would imply license change in favor of gdal and small
re-work over the code, so you can further comment here.

  For preliminary i would like to offer a small patch wich get
demtools closer to gdal.

patch does:

  - fix gcc43 complie issue and warnings (olso do VC2008)
  - get rid of stingtoken.h and use gdal internals for this
  - add progressbar as gdal tools does using gdal API
  - use more gdal internals for for some fopen/fclose handling

 Patch attached, plus a smal example.sh script for better see
what this tool can do. It uses ImageMagick to merge two tiles
and listgeo to restore spatial data.

 Let me know how can i further polish to be more gdal compliant, if Matt
accept the proposal.

  For those who don't know anything about subject i re-post the link:
  http://perrygeo.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/demtools/
  http://www.perrygeo.net/wordpress/?p=7

Best Regards,
Cristian.