[gdal-dev] KMZ Support in OGR?

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sat Mar 29 01:40:42 EDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Simon Perkins wrote:

>  Thanks - that would seem like a good way to go in the future, though
> I don't have time to work on it myself...

that may be a common story !

the relatively light weight discussion of this that I have heard so far
basically comes to a conclusion that since OGR writes out a pretty
simple KML, its not worth doing the work of bringing in the new libkml
to do that.

Its worth noting that the Simple Features Library (that OGR is based
on) only goes so far in mapping to KML.

as for kmz, thats trivial.. just pipe the output to a zip program, y?