[gdal-dev] hdf5 and GetMetadata in python

Jamie Adams jaadfoo at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:55:34 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I've got an hdf5 file with the corner coordinates stored as metadata, each
subdataset returns the same..  Here a section of what gdalinfo returns:

  214_584:south=17
  214_584:north=17.5
  214_584:east=292.5
  214_584:west=292
  214_585:south=17
  214_585:north=17.5
  214_585:east=293
  214_585:west=292.5
  214_586:south=17
  214_586:north=17.5
  214_586:east=293.5
  214_586:west=293

When I try to access this data via python using GetMetadata, I'm only
getting the west coordinates:

'214_586': 'west=293 ', '214_587': 'west=293.5 ', '214_584': 'west=292 '

So it looks like each subsequent entry with the same key gets overwritten in
the dictionary.  Since I need all the values returned, is there a way to get
this info within python?

Thanks,

Jamie Adams