Fwd: [gdal-dev] The JDEM format

Cherif Oueslati oueslati.cherif at gmail.com
Mon May 12 03:15:50 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cherif Oueslati <oueslati.cherif at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 9, 2008 at 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] The JDEM format
To: Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net>

Thank you Mateuz for your interest,

It's clear that the JDEM driver is implemented in GDAL through the cpp file
given.
But to add new formats, we have to proceed that way; by implementing the cpp
file that correspond to each new format.
I had to add new format so i tried to follow the"GDAL Driver Implementation
Tutorial" proposed by the official GDAL web site.
In this tutorial, the author gives the way to add new driver to the GDAL
library by giving the implementation of the JDEM driver as a sample to
follow.
Simply it seems logical to have alsoo the JDEM format description with the
cpp file to understand how can we produce the correpondent cpp file.
In fact this is what i have to do; i have to develop a new driver having
only the description of this new format (the logical organisation of the
fields, their descriptions, sizes...).
I thought that having the logical description of the JDEM format may
facilitate to me understanding the JDEM cpp file, and so i can develop a
similar cpp file for my own new format.
I hope i was clear, and i'm waiting for your opinion about that.
With all my gratitude.

--
"L'imagination est plus importante que le savoir." A. Einstein