[gdal-dev] creating multi banded imagery

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Mon May 12 21:13:24 EDT 2008

Jared,

Good to know that you got it working.

Sorry I didn't make my self clear. What I meant is that since GDAL is
composed of several driver, developed individually to support different
formats, that will depend on the format design to dictate support
multi-band or not.

The "unlimited" issue is also format-design dependent. I have seam some
ridiculous big number of bands on Geotiff and HDF supported by GDAL but
if a format was designed to just a limited number of bands then GDAL
will respect that limitation.

Regards,

Ivan