[gdal-dev] Re: [mapserver-users] Mapserver & GDAL in various Linux repositories

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed May 14 14:34:07 EDT 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:

> The Mapserver download page has links to old Mapping Hacks RPMs, and a
> really old FGS bundle.

With respect to FGS, there have been no official/public releases in
quite a while, but we've continued to use it internally. Recently we've
started putting more work towards a new public release and last week a
1.0 release with the latest version of everything has been posted to the
download site and mentioned on the FGS list, but unfortunately the
website is still lagging behind.

Here is the relevant mailing list thread with the download/install info
for FGS 1.0:
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/foss-gis-suite/2008-May/000639.html

Daniel
--