[gdal-dev] GDAL Data dir and installed application

Javier Urien javierurien+gdal at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:50:49 EDT 2008

Hello,

   I am developing an application that uses GDAL. I compiled with
MinGW+Msys on windows. I use proj4 as an external dll.
   When I install the application on a clean machine (ie not
developement), I do not get all the georreference information I do on
the development installation. I found that Gdal apps use the GDAL_DATA
variable and so I tried setting it to the installation directory
containing all the .csv gdal provides, but with no success.

   Any hints on how to accomplish this?

Regards.