[gdal-dev] Building ECW on Mc OSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat May 31 11:40:10 EDT 2008

The ermapper forums are still operating, and there you'll find my
thread that mentions a few other patches.  Besides the NCSSocket
patch, there are problems with threading that need fixing:

http://forums.ermapper.com/viewtopic.php?t=2446

Also, I have a few other patches to get it working on OSX 10.5
Leopard.  I didn't realize the forums were still operating until just
now, so I haven't updated that thread with the latest yet.

Even so, the ECW library will fail to write ECW, it can only read.  I
think it's JP2 can both read and write.  I'm not a C++ programmer to
be able to try a thorough fix.