[gdal-dev] MSYS buildslave

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon Nov 3 07:41:26 EST 2008

Andrey Kiselev kirjoitti:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:04:44PM +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:
>
>> I've set up a buildslave, which builds GDAL from a fresh checkout of
>> the trunk in Windows using the MSYS environment. Currently the build
>> is quite lean and only Perl bindings are built in addition to the core
>> dll and apps. Only Perl tests are run.
>>

> Ari,
>
> If you are planning to extend a build to include NG Python bindings note
> that there is one problem. For some reason module built from
> swig/python/extensions/gdalconst_wrap.c cannot be loaded by the stock
> Python binaries (built with MSVS 2003). I have ended up renaming that
> file in gdalconst_wrap.cpp with the appropriate change in
> swig/python/setup.py and everything works fine after that. The problem
> is weird and I failed to pin it down, so the above workaround.
>
> Otherwise of that bug Python stuff should be perfectly compilable and
> usable with the official binary Python distribution.

Here's the first output from autotest run:

http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8500/builders/ajolma-msys/builds/29/steps/autotest/logs/stdio

I've already changed the tester so that it won't die because it can't
find libpq.dll, but I assume it won't help much without something
prepared in the database.

The GDAL itself is also patched locally to fix #2649:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2649

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Environmental Management Information Technology