[gdal-dev] NITF TRE support

Kurt Landrus klandrus at progeny.net
Wed Nov 12 11:40:14 EST 2008

Ok, I was looking through nithfile.c,  am I correct in understanding
that the only TRE supported for saving is BLOCKA, and that each
additional TRE needs to be handled
individually?

I need to add support for the following TREs.  But I don't really need
to add new SDE headers, but preserve the original values as read
using GDALGetMetadataItem.

SENSRA
AIMIDB
ACFTB

Is there an easy way to save back an TRE that was read using GDAL (/0
escaped string)
or should I pull out all the fields from the string, and then
reassemble them in a function as is done for BLOCKA?

Kurt Landrus
Progeny Systems Corp.
klandrus at progeny.net
Office: 	703-368-6107 x424