[gdal-dev] (no subject)

Sarah Mulholland smm at rinconres.com
Thu Nov 13 13:29:51 EST 2008

I need to write multiple images to a NITF file.  I notice on the gdal NITF page that gdal only writes one image or raster of data to a file.  On another page, I see that multiple images in a NITF can be read as subdatasets.  Is the documentation up to date that subdatasets in a NITF file are a read-only capability? In there any plan to allow the writing of subdatasets?

What's the usual approach for writing multiple images to a NITF from C and python?  If not gdal, is there some other package that people use?  I looked on the JITC web site, and it seems like most certified packages are parts of large systems, not just NITF libraries.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.