[gdal-dev] nitf xbands supported?

Sarah Mulholland smm at rinconres.com
Thu Nov 13 18:15:40 EST 2008

In looking at the NITF 2.1 spec, I notice that the number of bands (NBANDS) in an image is by default represented by an ascii charactacter '0' to '9'.  There's an XBANDS field that you can use for images with more bands when there are multispectral bands in excess of 9.

I notice that when I call "driver.Create" with more than 9 bands, python seg faults when I call GetRasterBand for the first band.  Would I be correct in assuming that gdal doesn't support the XBANDS feature in the NITF?

Thanks,

Sarah