Gdal Bug? was: Re: [gdal-dev] JP2MRSID Issues

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 14 11:52:05 EST 2008

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Frank,
>
> If someone can generate a patch the prints this stuff out, I'll have our
> guys build a version with the patch and I'll run it against one of the
> cases that fails.
>
> There wouldn't happen to be a hidden debug option that might already
> print this out?
>
> Thank you Michael for any assistance from your end also.

Steve,

Skimming through mrsiddataset.cpp, it appears there are already quite extensive
debug statements.  Try enabling debug output when running the failed operation.

For GDAL commandline apps adding "--debug on" to the commandline (without the
quotes) should do the trick.  The debug output all goes to stderr.