[gdal-dev] Compile with ECW: library error

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Mon Nov 17 17:13:29 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm a Grass-GIS user with a problem in GDAL 1.5.2.

Folllowing the instructions here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ECW

I added ECW support with the ER Mapper library.

The libecwj2-3.3 configure > make > make install reported no errors.

The GDAL configure using --with-ecw=/usr/local/lib went fine, and in the
"supported formats" output we have:
ECW support:               yes

Make and make install complete successfully.

However, when I try to run anything, a libNCSEcw.lib.so error happens:
gdalinfo --formats|grep ECW

gdalinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libNCSEcw.so.0: cannot

libNCSEcw.so.0 exists in /usr/local/lib

The machine is on OpenSUSE 10.3.

What did I miss in the configuration?

Richard C