[gdal-dev] GDAL with GML 3‏

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 19 12:25:08 EST 2008

roland ritchi wrote:
> Hello, I need to use GDAL with GML 3 :Can I? and can you explain me how
> I can use GDAL?

Roland,

The GDAL/OGR GML driver is primarily aimed at GML 2 format.  It has some,
very limited, support for simple GML 3 files.  You might want to try your
input and see what happens.  If it doesn't work I'd suggest you make your
file avaialble for download and send another email pointing to it and
asking why it doesn't work and how hard it might be to make it work.

I have done some experimental work implementing a driver based on the GML
driver for the GML 3 NAS format and that is working well now but it is not
a regular part of OGR currently.  It is also not all that general - it is
targetted at a particular GML profile.

I am afraid the question "can you explain me how I can use GDAL?" is not
specific enough to act on.  There is a large amount of information on the
GDAL/OGR web site.  I would suggest digesting as much as seems related to
your needs and then asking a much more focused and specific question.