Gdal Bug? was: Re: [gdal-dev] JP2MRSID Issues

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Nov 19 15:29:42 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> Sorry no joy with the patch applied. Here are the results. I had them
>> patch and set the prefix /usr/local/swoodbridge/ and then used the
>> following script to make sure I pulled in the new executables and
>> libraries.
>> MrSID: RasterIO() - using optimized dataset level IO.
>> MrSID: Dataset:IRasterIO(25432,42149 5066x6973 -> 5066x6973 ->
>> 5066x6973, zoom=1)
>> gdalwarp: ../compressed/compressed.cpp:1724: bool
>> kd_tile::read_tile_part_header(): Assertion `tpart_body_length >= 0'
>> failed.
>
> Steve,
>
> I confirmed the code I pointed out was buggy, but it does not appear to
> be directly responsible for your problem.  I'm not sure what else to tell
> you.  We could try and add more detailed debug output in the area of the
> IRasterIO() message but what is there seems to suggest the requested area
> will be on the database.
>
> Best regards,

Frank,

Thank you for looking into this, it is very much appreciated.

While the patch "looks" like it should be getting executed, I'm not
convinced that it is as I added some addition output and it was not
being generated and I'm still tring to resolve this with the sysadmin. I
did copy the svn changset verbatim into my code which was when I added
more prints and discovered this issue on my end. So, I'm not sure we are
actually executing the patched code in spite of what my attempts to
verify it said.

I'll let you know one way or the other once I get a better handle on
this here.

Thanks again for the follow up.

-Steve