[gdal-dev] "gdalwarp -te " units of source or target srs?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 20 11:13:34 EST 2008

Jan Hartmann wrote:
> It *is* a teaser, though. Considering that in the current situation
> -projwin always has y1 larger than y2, and all other parameters are
> always the reverse, couldn't  you harmonise -projwin by testing for y1 >
> y2 and reversing the y's? This would keep existing scripts working.

Jan,

Perhaps.

One thing I'm concerned about is whether things will continue to work if you
have an "upside down" image - one for which the sixth geotransform[] value is
positive instead of the more conventional negative.

Of course, for such images the concept of ymin and ymax will no longer be
strictly accurate either.

I blame it all on the guy who implemented -projwin!  (sorry, that's a bit
of a joke since I think it was Matt).