[gdal-dev] Building with Visual Studio Express 2008

guillaume huby guillaume.huby.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 08:26:12 EST 2008

Hello

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>wrote:

> You need to alter MSVC_VER to be 1400 in gdal/nmake.opt.  Then the VB6
> still
> will be skipped.  Currently building the VB6 stuff with visual studio
> express.

Thank you Frank, this worked fine (although it worked in console mode and
not with the .sln files).

> I have made some updates to the FAQ to address this.  I note you ended up
> in
> the old doxygen FAQ.  I have also deleted that since the official FAQ is
> now
> the one in Trac which anyone can improve.

I ended on this page after a search on the archive mail of the gdal-dev list
and did not look any further ... I suggest to keep the page, empty its
content and put a link to the new FAQ instead.

Thanks again.
Guillaume.