[gdal-dev] gdal segmentation fault when reading NetCDF grid files

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Nov 24 14:53:33 EST 2008

Hi Roger,

Yes, this is a reccurent issue.

the way libhdf4g is built in Ubuntu (up to here... apparently a solution is in
Debian experimental, so it should change... after Lenny) is not compatible
with its use with netcdf. So you should either select one of both formats
when configuring GDAL, either uninstall Ubuntu libhdf4 package and build it
at hand by following the instructions given at
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/HDF

A bit of googling on the issue gives :
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/1483dd6b712a9566/46be67eeb86be37e?lnk=raot

Regards