Re[Gdal-dev] ndering optimization [Re: Looking for huge vector dataset]

Fodder cryan at csse.com.au
Thu Nov 27 19:32:12 EST 2008

Hi Andrea,

With regards to the simplification algorithm you mentioned, do you have an
example of how this might work? or know of any sample code?

I would think this is something that would be well suited to building into
OGR. With the increasing complexity and size of vector datasets, I would
think that SetScale (As Frank suggested) would be just as relevant as
SetSpatialFilter or SetAttributeFilter....

Cheers,
Fodder