[gdal-dev] Re: Trouble connecting to PostGIS db

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Oct 3 02:23:29 EDT 2008

Jose Gomez-Dans <jgomezdans <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,I have a remote PostGIS database on, say host. I can connect to it using
QGIS and display data (it actually comes up with "Database connection was
successful but no accessible tables were found. Please verify that you have
SELECT privilege on a table carrying POSTGIS geometry", but it displays all my
geo-enabled tables and uses data without any problem). shp2pgsql also works, but
I can't connect to said db using OGR.

> $ ogrinfo --debug on -ro 'PG:host=HOST user=USER password=PASSWORD port=5432
dbname=DBNAME'

Try using " " around the connection string, instead of ' '.

-Jukka Rahkonen-