[gdal-dev] [SOLVED] Re: Trouble connecting to PostGIS db

Jose Gómez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 07:44:06 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Friday 03 October 2008 20:58:27 you wrote:
> > Nope, that doesn't change a thing. I am realising that my
> > geometry_columns table is empty, maybe this is where the problem lies?
>
> May be.  However, quotes seem to make difference on both my Windows XP and
> Windows Vista: Single quotes are yielding the same message that you got,
> while double quotes are working.

Yes, I added an entry in the geometry_columns table, and I can access my data
in PostGIS. I imported my data with shp2pgsql, and I assumed entries to the
geometry table were done automatically, which doesn't seem to be the case.

If having an entry in geometry_columns is a requirement, maybe it should be
visible in OGR's PostGIS page? Or maybe it's there and I haven't seen it!

Cheers,
Jose