[gdal-dev] GDAL Releases

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 7 16:55:41 EDT 2008

Folks,

I would like to prepare a 1.5.3 release candidate tomorrow since it has been
quite a while since the last stable release.  Are there any objections or
bug fixes seen as worth holding this up for?

Also, I'd like to start progress toward a 1.6.0 release.  I had hoped to
address additional UTF-8 handling issues before 1.6 but this seems somewhat
unlikely at this point.  Are there any new features or major changes folks
forsee wanting in before a 1.6 release?

Depending on feedback, I'd like to schedule a 1.6 release IRC meeting in the
next week or so to plan the release.